News & Events
2021 Market Dates
Market dates are every Saturday 10:00 am to 2:00 pm., May 8th to September 21st 2021.
Past Event Information
Canada 150 Year Red & White Celebration June 30, 2017
2. Learn about the history of farmers’ markets on our “walking tour” on the plaza.
3. Enjoy the decorated boothes.
4. Take home uniquely Canadian produced food and crafts.
5. Create a float and enter our 2nd Annual Make It, Bake It, Grow It Parade.
Christmas in July July 28, 2017
2. Decorated vendor booths will turn the plaza into Santa’s Village
3. Christmas music
4. And, of course, a Christmas Tree
Customer Appreciation Day August 11, 2017
2. Play a market game (TBA) for prizes.
3. Free treats for kids while supply lasts
BC Farmer Appreciation Day September 15, 2017
2. Play Harvest Bingo for prizes.
3. Decorations in Fall Festival theme
Kids’ Summer Market Activities
Each Friday throughout the summer there will be fun and/or educational activities for children ages 2-12. Schedule as follows, but subject to change:
June 30 - Canada 150 Celebration - make a parade entry! (details on website)
July 7 - gardening tips and free plants
July 14 - face painting
July 21 - fishing in the fountain
July 28 - Christmas in July, Kringle photo opp
August 4 - Suds the Clown
August 11 - Customer Appreciation includes kids! Bring your lunch and stuffy for a Teddy Bear Picnic by the fountain (11:30-1:00)
August 18 - Dog Days of Summer - bring your dogs for a pet parade at 11:00 or 12:30
August 25 - Young Entrepreneur Day - your chance to sell your garden produce, crafts or inventions (see website for details, must register by Aug 18)
September 1 - scavenger hunt
Young Entrepreneur Day Rules and Regulations
2. Fill out regular vendor forms found on the website, including signing the form that all rules have been read. Parental signature(s) also required on these forms. Booth fees will be waived for that day.
3. Indicate whether you want a full 10x10 space or just space for 4’ or 6’ table. You must bring all supplies for product and display. The market does not have tables or tents available for rent. It is recommended that pricing be displayed.
4. Vendors must arrive and set up in the prescribed manner indicated in the rules. No early take down without permission. Any approved early takedown will require the vendor to hand carry all supplies and display equipment off the plaza. (No vehicles allowed after 9:30 or before 2:15.)
5. If you have food items, they must have Vancouver Island Health Authority approval.
Submit their form with your application. Guidelines for Temporary Food Markets are available on their website.
Annual General Meeting on October 23, 2017
The Annual Meeting of the NDFMS will be held October 23, 2017 at 5:30 pm in the Nanaimo Downtown Public Library.
NDFM 2017 Grand Opening Prize Winners:
Ann Norris - two tickets to Port Theatre ($100 value)
Emily Barnewell - Stonefield Farm product certificate ($70 value)
Ken Price - Trollers Fish & Chips certificate ($50 value)
Elizabeth McCormick - Penny's Palapa certificate ($50 value)
Nick Medved - Lighthouse Bistro certificate ($25 value)
June MacFarlane - Lighthouse Bistro certificate ($25 value)
Janis Bruce - Harbour Air fun bag
Brad Protcopchuk - Harbour Air fun bag
Reuben Broadway - Harbour Air fun bag
Mandy Smith - Nanaimo Port Authority clock
Neil Goldsmith - Nanaimo Port Authority clock
Jean Stoket - Nanaimo Port Authority clock
Kim Remson - Nanaimo Port Authority wireless speaker
Helena - vendor product bag
Bertha Brooks - vendor product bag
Carrie G - vendor product bag
Corrie Beyer Koopman - vendor product bag
Dean - vendor product bag
Lorne Lalonde - vendor product bag
Donna MacKay - vendor product bag
Brenda - BCAFM tee shirt
Lindy Edsett - BCAFM tee shirt
Special thanks to Sunshine Coast Air for providing $100 to purchase the 20th anniversary mini cupcakes given out to customers attending that day's market.
2017 Cruise Ship Schedule
Explorer of the Seas May 18 Wednesday
Celebrity Infinity May 26 Friday
Norwegian Sun May 28 Sunday
Europa June 02 Friday